Saturday, December 11, 2010

The transition from a Cairo man into a Muslim man

A wise friend her name is Riham Osman, has once told me that every one has a revert story. This poem I wrote to talk about my story. It basically talks about how I started out when I came her to America, being the naive boy that I was, and then going to high school and getting corrupted, and then end up in college where I get surrounded by the best friends a man can ever have, friends that have pulled me out of the dark and into the shining light of Islam.

four years ago
when I came here from Cairo
I went to a school named Glasgow
at the time I was just your typical Cairo man
I used to think that school is cool
I used to think that every one's heart was pure
I also used to think that pie
is equal to three point one four one five
but that soon had to change
it all went down the drains
when I went to high school and became insane
I went from your typical Cairo man
to becoming your typical American man
I thought that I was too cool for school
I thought that no one's heart was pure
I also thought that pie
was another way to rate the lame
in that weird rating game
but that too had to change
I had to lock it in a box with chains
and throw it in the river
because it wouldn't fit in the drains
Now, I think that school is not just cool
it is the place where I hang out with those pure hearted people
that you call fools
and if you are wondering what I think about pie?
I say it is another way to get high
high in your level of Iman is what I say
If you give just a little piece
to a hungry man living in peace
Allah will send you His peace
I know that I may sound like a shaikh or an Imam
giving a khotba about Iman
don't let me fool you with my sense of Iman
after all I am just a typical Muslim man
so alhamd lel Allah for the blessing of Islam
and may Allah increase our Iman

No comments:

Post a Comment