Sunday, January 30, 2011

Jealousy


Problem:
Today's problem is one of the most dangerous one's out there. The problem is Jealousy. My most recent problem with Jealousy, happen to be very recent, in fact it was yesterday. This weekend there was a big MSA (Muslim Student Association) event happening at Virginia Tech. My friends invited me to go, but I couldn't due to having a chemistry exam the following Monday. My friends have had a little trouble finding enough rides so I thought about it and said my brother would probably be interested in going and that way you guys can have my car as well. Everything went well and my brother decided to go, and I was left behind. Although it was my decision, I felt really Jealous of my brother. What is really scary is that this Jealousy started turning into Hatred. I started to wish some bad things on my brother, but alhamd lel Allah I came to my senses and regained my focus, and realized how dangerous Jealousy is.

Solution:
There are two solutions that I have found to work for me:
1) Always accept what Allah gives you and remember that Allah SWT knows what is best for you
2) Always remember the Hadith that the Prophet peace be upon him has said "love for your brother what you love for your self"
If you keep those two thing in your mind always then inshaa Allah you will never fall for the trap of Jealousy

No comments:

Post a Comment