Monday, December 13, 2010

My future Queen

My sister in Islam Alex has wrote a poem telling us what she is looking for in a husband. It was really inspiring that I decided to write a poem about what I am looking for in a wife. I hope you guys like it.

Many people have asked before
what kind of wife I'm looking for?
honestly
I am looking for a nikabi
but I might steal for a hijabi
even if her father was Iraqi
as long as she help me memorize my Qurani
she wouldn't need to clean or cook
she can relax and read a book
I don't even care about good looks
it really doesn't matter to me
after all if she dresses modestly
she would be really dear to my قلبي (heart)
as long as she has a good heart and honesty
I will clean and cook without her asking me
people might think I'm a مسكين (helpless)
but they don't know the unseen
they don't know what's in the heart of that مسكين
it is filled with love not سككين (knives)
I am not afraid of a gun or a sword
after all she was chosen by my lord
to me out of all of the مسلمين (Muslims)
so I can complete my دين (religion)

2 comments:

  1. This is adorable, inshAllah Allah will grant you a righteous wife that will help you complete your deen. Be good to her lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will most defiantly be good to her, after all she is my Queen

    ReplyDelete